.Country Assessment Presentation based on Your Final Case Scenario
(not relevant for SoSe2021)
Team Assessment Presentation
- Assessing the environment (political, economical, legal and technological conditions for foreign investment):
- Scenario: Put yourself in a role of international business investment consultants to choose one country out of 3 to invest into.
- Based on your research and analysis, offer recommendations to your client of one or two specific industry sectors regarding investment: this can be in raw material, manufacturing and construction, IT, services, and/or intellectual services industry (e.g. media, education, research, and development).
- Develop a country investment environment evaluation and risks assessment presentation for 30 minutes
- Use attributes given on Exhibit 1-4 -> Link: download presentations (login necessary)
- Apply attributes that fit to your specific country situation and context
- Among the three countries, which country and which industry sector you would invest in? Why?
- 3-4 people in one team
- You may use PowerPoint or Prezi
- Additional topics to be addressed in the presentation:
- Are risk alone based criteria adequate for foreign investment?
- How likely is it that the profile of the country you have chosen will be the same next year? ... Over the next five years?
- Could you envision other criteria that might also be important?
- East Africa: Kenya, Ghana, Botswana OR Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania
- South America: Brazil, Chile, Argentina
- Central and Eastern Europe: Czech Republic, Poland, Russia
- South eastern Europe: Hungary, Greece & Turkey
- Middle East: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait
- South Asia: Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka
- South East Asia: Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia
- Oceania: Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines
- East Asia: Japan, South Korea, Singapore
** Do not chose Western European Countries for this project