Team Country Assessment
Please choose one region from the following
- East Africa: Kenya, Ghana, Botswana OR Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania
- South America: Brazil, Chile, Argentina
- Central and Eastern Europe: Czech Republic, Poland, Russia
- South eastern Europe: Hungary, Greece & Turkey
- Middle East: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait
- South Asia: Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka
- South East Asia: Vietnam, Brunei, Cambodia
- Oceania: Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines
- East Asia: Japan, South Korea, Singapore
** Do not chose Western European Countries for this project
Team Assessment Report Presentation
- Scenario: Put yourself in a role of international business investment consultants to choose one country out of 3 to invest:
- Based on your research and analysis, offer recommendations to your client one or two specific industry sectors regarding investment: this can be in raw material, manufacturing and construction, services, and/or intellectual services industry (e.g. media, education, research and development).
- Presentation Guidelines:
- Conduct a risk analysis in each countries' foreign investment environments based on EXHIBIT 1-4 on Page 52 of "Deresky (2014): International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures" as content guideline of your presentation;
- Focus on Economical, Technological, and Political issues: differences and similarities
- Among the three countries, which country and which industry sector you would invest in? Why?
- Integrate Business Behavior Briefing: you may use "Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands" book or do individual research, e.g. via http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/country-profiles.html).
- 3 most important business meeting etiquette in each country
- 3 tips for marketing & selling OR business negotiation in each country
- 30 - 35 minutes each team.
- 3 people in one team
- For 2-people team, please do 20-25 minutes presentation
- You may use PowerPoint or Prezi