1st Case Report Topics and Guidelines
(Paper Due on Tuesday, 21.04. & Presentation on 20. & 21.04. during the 6th week of SS 2015)
- Coca Cola's labor practices in Colombia and environment & product issues in India
- Chiquita vs. Dole and Del Monte: Environmental and sustainability issues
- Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) and Fukushima nuclear plant: Environmental and managerial issues.
- Wal-Mart's expansion in China and in Africa
- The Bribery Scandal at Siemens AG in 2006 -2007. What type of Business and image Siemens AG is trying to build today?
- The German Automotive Industry's impact on social and environmental challenges - Is there growing market for greener and smaller cars?
- Nestlé baby milk scandal, and its CSR strategies and activities
- HSBC Private Banking CSR Scandal - Tax-dodging scheme for wealthy customers across Europe, Asia, North and South Americas.
- Google’s Country Experiences: France, Germany, Japan.
- Ebay in Japan: Strategic and Cultural Missteps.
- A different discount retailer - Costco vs. Wal-Mart.
Outline of the Case Analysis report
(15 - 20 pages, 30 minutes presentation per team)
1. Executive Summary of the Company
- Product(s) & Service(s)
- Current business strategy & financial status
2. Issues in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Case description
- Ethical, social, and/or environmental violations, and/or cultural challenges
- Reactions and actions from the company
- Did the company take appropriate steps and actions?
- What would you do differently?
- Proposal for future sustainable strategies