- 0 Scenario
- 1 <Knowledge Society>
- 2 Value goes virtual
- 3 Learning Institutions
- 4 Learning models
- 5 Technology ! ?
- 6 Learning is Process
- 7 What they do
- 8 What should be in e-learning platforms?
- 9 <Profit> in e-education?
- 10 Start, now!
- 11 Conclusion
|0. Scenario: Knowledge Management, the difficult one|
- IT-paradigm for the upcoming decade?
KM and current limelight attention
- software development
- IT-product creation
- IT-service offerings
- business consulting
- professional conference industry
- venture capital opportunities
- public awareness
Business challenges in managing the valuable and scarce resource 'knowledge', e.g. ...
- increasing complexities of worldwide competitive markets
- shorter product and service cycles on the output side
- swifter technology changes in internal production processes
- more flexibility in supply change management processes on the input side
- a current climate largely supporting innovation
- general intensification of internal as well as external networking of business processes.
KM in research is spanning a wide range of disciplines, e.g. ...
- business management, mathematics, artificial intelligence, neural networks, computer science, economics, organizational sciences, or new interdisciplinary approaches creatively combining innovative research results in medicine, psychology, biology, physics, and system sciences.
GCC-KM-PROCESS model as result of ten years of applied research
- within the academic framework of the Groupware Competence Center [GCC -
http://gcc.uni-paderborn.de] at the University of Paderborn, Germany)
- complemented by six years of industry strength professional software development and marketing on the Lotus Notes/Domino market (by GCC's partner on the business side PAVONE AG, Paderborn, Germany and UK [ http://pavone.com]).