Final Project Assignment
Detailed Final Project Assignment
Due Date to Close/Finish the Project is 31.07.2011
Please replicate the Orga. Directory and the Project Management Databases
when you finish your project
In Orga. Directory, Create:
- Complete the setting document under your own name and set up a detailed skill profile for yourself.
- Under Organization - Create : 1 department, 3 work groups , 3 different type of roles, all these have to be fit into your project context.
- Assign people each in above department, work group, and roles you have created.
- Create 3 new material resources
In PAVONE Project Management, Create:
- Your project must consist of at least 25 individual tasks with 4 logical relationship + 3 milestones
- Create a Project Proposal/project plan Document - Business Case (presentation + documentation)
- Based on your project - draw a Project Network Diagram: a PERT/CPM or MPM Network Diagram (at least 3 different logical sequence) - mark the Critical PATH in red
- Create a Project structure - with work breakdown packages via PAVONE ProjectBuilder & sign resources.
- 2 project revision cycle/revisionzyklus -
- each revision has at least 3 parameter changes, e.g. resources, cost, and time with screenshots
- description of the changes in the project documentation
- Send 3 final project meeting invitations (including one to Dr. Pei Wang-Nastansky)
- Create and fill in A Final Project Report
- Send Dr. Pei Wang-Nastansky your final report as document link via e-mail -> this marks the finishing of your project
- Bonus Point: Final Assignment_Bonus Points.pdf
- A team/person may replace assignment of "Nr. 2.II. -- Draw a Project Network Diagram" with one "Aufgabe" in "Nr. 7 Bonus Points" assignment.
Section 5 - Recording and reporting project tasks:
- Report actual data
- Enter actual data
- Complete task without entering actual data
- Creating reports
- Distributing information and tasks
Recording and reporting project tasks
|Creating Resources/People in Pavone Organization Directory: |
The PAVONE Organization Directory lets you reproduce your organizational structure and can be used as source of resources for your projects. You can enter, maintain and analyze personnel data such as the basic data, qualifications, knowledge and experiences of your staff.
- Creating a person
- Creating a material resource
- Creating a department
- Creating a workgroup
- Creating a role
- Creating a qualification profile
- Creating a skills profile
- Analyzing qualification and skills profiles
Carrying out and monitoring a project
Float time & CPM_PERT_MPM
Lecture Slides_ Basics of CPM_PERT_MPM
Float time & PAVONE
- PAVONE Project Management 9.5 - First Step
- Gantt Chart Practice & Misc.
- Basics of CPM_PERT_MPM
Hands-on- GanttChart 1
Hands-On Session: Creating the project plan (Gantt chart)
To practice, please follow "PAVONE Project Management Online Help"
How to access the English Version:
We have done in class the following topics
German Version: HilfeSystem ->http://www.pavone.de/web/de/support/hilfe/gp_hap_d.nsf
- "Creating and structuring a project" ->
- 3.3 Creating the project plan (Gantt chart)
- 3,4 Establishing a task structure
- 3.5 Defining the task sequence
- 3.6. Assigning resources
- 3.7. Scheduling the project
Also in the PDF file
Team work week
for Project Presentation
Individual Project Team Preparation Week for Presentation
Projekt-Team Selbstvorbereitung Woche für Project Proposal Presentation am 10.05.2011
Presentation Guideline For 10.05.2011
Project Proposal - 15-20 minutes presentation
Please make a Project Proposal (for example, to develop a new lens product for Jenoptik; or to install a new software application and training; or to build a new branch office in China for Schott AG ...). Whichever project you decide, it must be a business case simulating the real world.
Tip: a project related to your major/Schwerpunkt. Please no personal plans, for example, wedding plan, moving plan, dinner party...
The Project Proposal must include the following elements:
- Project Background - Introduction of the Company
- Who are your project Stakeholders/Interest Groups?
- What is the Project Purpose (what are the business reasons for your project)?
- Project Objectives: Specific outcomes you’ll produce
- Project Timeline
- Estimated Costs
- Risks: Restrictions that will limit what you achieve, how and when you can achieve it, and their cost
- Alternatives: Options for risks
- Project Structure - work breakdown structure
- Presentationvorlage: http://gcc.upb.de/K-Pool/Richlinien
Basics of Work Breakdown Structure &
Introduction to GanttChart
- Detail of Project Structure
- how to create tasks
- how to create report
- how to build task connections between tasks
- how to assign resources to tasks
- how to make zoom in or out
- Introduction of Gantt Chart
- PAVONE Project Management 9.5 - First Step pp.32 - 33
Aufgaben zu bearbeiten:
Using PAVONE Project Management Software to set up a Project:
- Set up a NEW project document, it must include:
- Project Name & ID
- modify the Default setting
- Choose Team
- Choose Template
- Give Access
Lecture Material |.
2 Woche: Lecture Material
- Überblick über die Veranstaltung: siehe Tabs 1 bis 4.